Monday, September 1, 2014

What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?

My secret is eating clean ALL year. In the off-season I enjoy one cheat meal a week, but during the contest season, it’s game time! In the off-season I learned to not be afraid of carbs, this was very hard for me to accept. But, the end result was an increase in lean muscle.  The goal is to regulate the amount of energy (calories) you take in. I eat every 2.5 hours because in order to keep my metabolism up – I must constantly fuel the body. If I need a last meal, I eat a lean protein source with a complex carbohydrate.  I get my carbs from oats, cream of wheat, brown rice, and plain rice cakes. I taper out my carbs by the evening. My protein sources come from chicken, lean turkey, lean hamburger, cod, salmon, tuna, egg whites and whey protein.

Additionally, I love to add flavor to my recipes by adding spices. My meals that consist of a lean protein such as chicken breast and green vegetables РI often saut̩ sliced tomatoes, onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, Italian mixed seasoning blend in a couple tablespoons of 100% extra virgin cold pressed olive oil.
You may choose to add in additional vegetables. The rich spices coupled with the necessary saturated fat, makes a perfectly seasoned meal. I have found it much easier to stick to a meal plan that just tastes good. For more tips you can visit www.JulieAnnKulla.com .

I carry water with me everywhere I go and I try to drink a gallon a day. Often people feel hungry when they are actually dehydrated. So be very aware of your hydration throughout the day.


IFBB Fitness Competition of Julie Ann Kulla:

Here is a link to some pics of me on stage during a IFBB fitness competition.  Showing off my figure after a lot of hard work. http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/14071/event/3/division/18/contestant/82672/mode/jim/



Pre Contest Diet:

Meal 1: 3 Tbsp. cream of wheat or 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop Premium Whey Protein (chocolate or vanilla) & glutamine

Meal 2: 4 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 cups broccoli or green beans

Meal 3: Tuna or cod, 1 1/2 cups salad

Meal 4: 4 oz. chicken, “Greens First” drink and glutamine

Meal 5: 6 egg whites, 1-2 plain rice cakes

Meal 6: 1 1/2 scoops Whey Protein powder, glutamine and broccoli.
* I add almonds and Udo’s oil to some meals accordingly.


Modeling Photos for JulieAnn Kulla:

 Julie Ann Kulla

JulieAnn Kulla
Model JulieAnn Kulla

Sexy Butt on JulieAnn Kulla








Thanks for checking out my blog,
J.